Friday, July 11, 2008

Here is my life in a nut shell:

Have a great idea, start working on it, get distracted by some other great idea (or sometimes just an okay one), a month goes by and nothing is done. Since shortly after my last post, not quite a month ago, I have had a slew of things that I have wanted to write about, some of them started, some not, but none finished. Needless to say there have been many distractions this month. Interesting articles I read inspired most of the things I wanted to write about. So instead of taking the time to write out a commentary on every topic, I'm just going to list all the articles, which you should read, with just a sentence or two to accompany them. That way at least I have posted something. Maybe later I will come back and expand upon certain themes, but probably not.

"Senate Approves Bill to Broaden Wiretap Powers"
(NYT) This is one of my favorite parts: "There is nothing to fear in the bill, said Senator Christopher S. Bond, the Missouri Republican who was a lead negotiator, 'unless you have Al Qaeda on your speed dial.'" Hey, I thought he was just the pizza guy.

"Midwest floods spotlight decrepit infrastructure" (Reuters) What the government's job again? Oh yeah, war. We don't need functioning roads, bridges, or anything like that anyway.

"House of Cards: You thought the housing crisis was bad? You ain’t seen nothing yet." (LA CityBeat) Something to think about.

"Google Told to Turn Over User Data of YouTube" (NYT) To Tube or not to Tube.

"Bush-Led 'Disaster Capitalism' Exploits Worldwide Misery to Make a Buck"
(Alternet) Naomi Klein is always a good read and I find this piece particularly interesting.

"Fuel for Inequality" (NYT) Who would have thought, it's the poor getting screwed again. Excellent op-ed, brings up a lot of points not much heard in the din about oil prices.

I think that's enough for right now. I will try not to get so distracted in the future.

No comments: