Monday, May 09, 2011

Yet another new beginning...

So... I decided that the news business was full of people I don't really want to be around, doing things I don't really want to take part in. That's not to say that there aren't good people trying there best to uphold journalistic standards and maintain integrity.  I really like those people.  I also decided that I don't agree with the idea of "paying your dues" when that means you are overworked, underpaid, and mistreated.

Today officially marks the start of my adventures in freelancing, whatever that may entail: writing inane content for info websites, pulling out my camcorder, or even actual journalism. As part of this adventure, I am including this recently neglected blog, as well as a new video blog I have under construction (I'll have the link when it's ready).   I think "oscopy," however, may die.  I will endeavor to update these sites several times a week.  I am posting about this 'cause, now I actually have to do it! 

No comments: